Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Les 400 Coups - April 2012

Okay, this is a year late, but wanted to post this review of Les 400 Coups, a fabulous resto in Old Montreal that was one of En Route's top ten in 2011.  A hot ticket in spring 2012 - booked solid - but I scored a cancellation for lunch (it never hurts to inquire!).   
The resto is at 400 Notre-Dame Est.
Gorgeous interior, great full wall photo of St-Germain-des-Pres

Lovely 2 or 3 course menu, fine wines, discreet service.

My appetizer - the cauliflour soup with shrimp & sea asparagus was mind blowing.  So simple, yet absolutely delicious.  Would have licked the bowl if I could have!

Donald's appie - tomato and kohlrabi salad with goat cheese.  Also delicious.

Seared walleye with fennel, mushrooms, cippolini onions in a ramp sauce 
Arctic char with jerusalem artichokes, brussel sprouts, mushrooms in a red beet sauce
The dessert was magnificent - chocolate pot de creme topped with tasty chocolate bits, and a caramel/maldon salt topping... served in this cute mason jar! 
This is me, feeling happier than I had in months - in the midst of my treatment, I had forgotten how important it was to treat myself and be pampered, especially with fine food and service.  Looking forward to our next visit!



No comments: