Here are some of my favorite restaurants (* top picks!) to consider during your stay in Ottawa:
- *La Bottega - 64 George - $ - take out sandwiches and eat in pizza & paninis - hidden gem!
- *Benny's Bistro - 119 Murray - SS - my favorite breakfast brunch spot, French bakery
- *Khao Thai - 103 Murray - $$ - modern Thai food, lovely ambience
- *Kothu Rotti - 408 Dalhousie - $ - Sri Lankan take out - unbelievable flavours - excellent value.
- *Sidedoor - 18 York - $$$ - delicious, finely crafted asian fusion small plates
- Das Lokal - 190 Dalhousie - $$$ - contemporary European cuisine - free parking!
- Chez Lucien - 137 Murray - $$ - cozy bistro with great ambience, good burgers
- Ahora - 307 Dalhousie - $$ - casual Mexican restaurant - downstairs
- Social - 537 Sussex - $$$ upscale/elegant cuisine and ambience
- Metropolitain - 700 Sussex - $$ - French bistro - lots of space - great frites
- Play Food Wine - 1 York St - $$$ - small plates from one of Ottawa's premiere restaurateurs
- Beavertails - William @ George - $ - quintessential Ottawa treat - sugary or savory pastry
- Cacao 70 - 51 William - $$ - specializes in decadent choccolate dishes but also serves savoury
- Byward Market Square - $ - in the heart of the Byward market, a mix of small restaurants, bakeries for casual day time dining and touristy shopping opps
- *Shawarma Palace - 464 Rideau - $ - best shawarma in town - try the chicken shawarma platter!
- *Habesha - 574 Rideau - $ - Homey Ethiopean restaurant - a real gem.
- *The Scone Witch - 150 Elgin - $$ - locally famous scones served alone or as sandwiches
- *El Camino - 380 Elgin - $$$ - fusion taco / small plates - awesome cocktails and ambience - dark side
- *The Manx Pub - 370 Elgin - $$ - cozy pub with good value, inspired menu
- Datsun - 380 Elgin - $$$ - asian fusion small plates - sister resto to El Camino - light side